The challenge is how to strike a balance between managing the business and managing the family
Family Managed Businesses
Family-managed businesses have a unique set of dynamics in dealing with all the issues that relate to growing a successful business, there are also important factors relating to the family that need careful attention such as the transition from one generation to the next and relationship management.
A different set of challenges
Working for a Family-managed business presents particular challenges. Mostly the Family-managed businesses clients have questions that are particular to them such as
- How should we manage succession from one generation to the next?
- How do we professionalize our business for growth without losing the family spirit and values?
- Should we create a family office to manage the family interests?
- Can we attract a CEO who is a non-family member?
- What is the best way to share rewards for family and non-family members?
- How do we draw the line between ownership and management?
- Finding the balance between ‘family’ and ‘business’
Catalysts helps Family-managed businesses address these challenges, partnering with organizations to address:
- Vision and Strategy Development
- Authority and Organisation Structure
- Succession Planning
- Transference of the family ‘goodwill’
- Leadership Development
- Talent Management
Talk to us !
Seek a solution to your